For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
There are six main types of articles:
- Profiles about the 535 current members of Congress.
- Profiles of candidates for Congress.
- Profiles of the 435 Congressional Districts.
- Articles that are overviews of elections.
- Profiles of the Congressional committees
- Features of U.S. Congress such as historical session information and leadership pages
The sections below discuss each type of article, and direct the reader to additional resources for researching and writing each type of article, as well as outlining the templates most frequently used in this project.
Project First Steps
The first steps page details the running list of tasks and priorities for writers working on the Congress project.
Prior to creating profiles for members of congress, congressional districts or committees take a look at the writing guidelines for tips, links, wikicode, etc needed to create such profiles.
For profiles that do not meet the project's standards, add a relevant "article improvement" tag (details below).
- See also: Articles to improve
As the project develops, some pages may be rapidly created and may need to be revisited at a later point. For more on articles that are missing components or may need improvement, click here.
For now, any news stories found should be placed on the Congress news desk for incorporation into articles at a later date.
- See also: Writing:Congress project categories
Navigational templates will be built and incorporated as more progress is made in the project.