If you are interested in volunteering, you can either:
- Just get started on your own and see what develops.
- Send an email to email@example.com to let her know of your interest and asking whatever questions you may have.
Either way, reading through the FAQ below will give you an overview of what to expect if you are interested in volunteering in this area.
- Main page: Voter guides
Goal: to have an up-to-date list of voter guides.
- When and where to search: Prior to each state election, periodically check state websites for official voter guides. In general it's a good idea to check a couple of weeks prior to the election date. Online voter guides (subject to updates) may be made available prior to the mailing of official guides.
- Locate and add: Once the voter guide (example) has been located, head over to Voter guides.
- The Voter guides page is organized by state and features sections for both unofficial and official state voter guides.
- Voter guides provided by state office should be added under "official guides."
- "Unofficial voter guides" may include partisan guides, guides published by newspapers, or those created by nonprofit organizations. (Example: the League of Women Voters example)
- Historical: if you have a link to a historical guide, add them to the list!
- Main page: Election results
Goal: to have an up-to-date list of election result links for each election year in all 50 states.
- Where can I find the info? - Election results can typically be found on Secretary of State websites or on dedicated state election sites.
- Locate and add: If you know an election has just concluded, check the Secretary of State website or the dedicated election site for the official election results. Copy the link and add it to Ballotpedia's list of links.
- Make sure to add the election result link under the appropriate state.
- Links should be listed in chronological order with the most recent election date listed first.
- Add results for primaries, special elections and general elections.
- Historical results: We're not only looking for current results. If you have a link for historical election results, add them too!
Looking for general election information?
If you are looking for current election information in your state, just click on a state on the map below. Not finding what you are looking for? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.