|New York State Assembly District 33|
|1987 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||28|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Date of birth||06/12/1939|
|Place of birth||Beckley, WV|
Clark's professional experiences include youth coordinator for New York City Youth Services; school security supervisor for New York City Board of Education; and administrative assistant for the New York City Transit Police Department.
Clark and her husband, Thomas, have four children; Jan, Crystal, Thomas III, and Brian.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Clark has been appointed to the following committees:
- Children and Families Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York State Assembly
- Libraries and Education Technology Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Clark served on the following committees:
- Children and Families Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- Libraries and Education Technology Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Clark defeated Clyde Vanel in the September 14 Democratic primary. She was unopposed in the general election on November 2.
|New York State Assembly, District 33 2010|
|Barbara Clark (D)||21,561|
On November 4, 2008 Clark won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 33. She ran unopposed.
Clark raised $12,535 for her campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 33 2008|
|Barbara Clark (D)||31,698|
In 2010, Clark received $36,025 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Barbara Clark's campaign in 2010|
|Clark Jr, Thomas M||$7,000|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$3,800|
|Crowley For Congress||$3,000|
|Amalgamated Transit Union New York||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$36,025|
In 2008, a year in which Clark was up for re-election, she collected $12,535 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Alpha Phi Alpha Senior Citizen Center Inc||$1,100|
|Thomas & Barbara Clark||$1,000|
|Ridgewood Savings Bank||$1,000|
|Friends for Gregory Meeks||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Barbara + Clark + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Barbara Clark
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |