|New York State Assembly District 33|
|1987 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||27|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Place of birth||Beckley, WV|
Clark's professional experiences include youth coordinator for New York City Youth Services; school security supervisor for New York City Board of Education; and administrative assistant for the New York City Transit Police Department.
Clark and her husband, Thomas, have four children; Jan, Crystal, Thomas III, and Brian.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Clark has been appointed to the following committees:
- Children and Families Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York State Assembly
- Libraries and Education Technology Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Clark served on the following committees:
- Children and Families Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- Libraries and Education Technology Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Clark ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 33. She defeated Clyde Vanel in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. She also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. She defeated Clyde Vanel, who ran as an More Jobs Party candidate after his primary defeat, in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 33 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Barbara Clark Incumbent||63.8%||3,184|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Clark defeated Clyde Vanel in the September 14 Democratic primary. She was unopposed in the general election on November 2.
|New York State Assembly, District 33 2010|
|Barbara Clark (D)||21,561|
On November 4, 2008 Clark won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 33. She ran unopposed.
Clark raised $12,535 for her campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 33 2008|
|Barbara Clark (D)||31,698|
In 2010, Clark received $36,025 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Barbara Clark's campaign in 2010|
|Clark Jr, Thomas M||$7,000|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$3,800|
|Crowley For Congress||$3,000|
|Amalgamated Transit Union New York||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$36,025|
In 2008, a year in which Clark was up for re-election, she collected $12,535 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Alpha Phi Alpha Senior Citizen Center Inc||$1,100|
|Thomas & Barbara Clark||$1,000|
|Ridgewood Savings Bank||$1,000|
|Friends for Gregory Meeks||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Barbara + Clark + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Barbara Clark
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Clark
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Barbara Clark
|New York Assembly - District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |