Barbara Flynn Currie
|Barbara Flynn Currie|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 25|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||35|
|Majority Leader, Illinois State House|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Chicago, 1968|
|Master's||University of Chicago, 1973|
|Birthday||May 3, 1940|
|Place of birth||La Crosse, WI|
Currie is a member of the ADA, American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois Board, Art Institute of Chicago, Business and Professional People for the Public Interest, Chicago Network, Chicago Urban League, Conference of Women Legislators, Emily's List, Harriett Harris Center Young Women's Christian Association Advisory Board, League of Women Voters, Sierra Club, and Women United for South Shore.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Currie served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Currie served on the following committees:
- Joint Comm. on Government Reform Committee, Illinois Legislature
- Investigative (Chair)
- Revenue & Finance
- Rules (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Income Tax (Chair)
Currie won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 25. Currie was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and ran unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 25, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Barbara Flynn Currie Incumbent||100%||36,349|
Currie won re-election to the 25th District Seat in 2010 with no opposition. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 25 (2010)|
|Barbara Flynn Currie (D)||24,358||100.0%|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 25 (2008)|
|Barbara Flynn Currie (D)||34,299|
On November 7, 2006, Democrat Barbara Flynn Currie won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 25 receiving 23,930 votes ahead of Republican James Sanders who received 987 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 25 (2006)|
|Barbara Flynn Currie (D)||23,930|
|James Sanders (R)||987|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Currie collected $186,498 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Barbara Flynn Currie's campaign in 2010|
|Majority Leaders Fund||$15,106|
|Dunlap, Ann Marie||$12,300|
|Associated Beer Distributors Of Illinois||$10,000|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$8,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$186,498|
In 2008, Currie collected $293,229 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$10,000|
|Illinois Education Association||$8,539|
|Chicago Teachers Union||$7,500|
|Friends of Michael J. Madigan||$6,419|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$6,000|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$5,000|
|Service Employees Local 880||$4,161|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$3,950|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$3,450|
|Ann Marie Dunlap||$3,300|
|Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce||$3,200|
|Illinois Bankers Association||$3,000|
|Chicago Auto Trade Association||$3,000|
|Illinois State Bar Association||$2,750|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Currie received a score of 37.50 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of F according to the IOP’s grading scale. Her score was tied for the 80th highest among all 120 members of the Illinois House of Representatives included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Barbara + Currie + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Currie's website
- Currie's LinkedIn
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Barbara Flynn Currie (D) 25th District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Illinois House Democrats - Barbara Flynn Currie
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Flynn Currie
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- Currie Campaign Donors
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
|Illinois House of Representatives District 25
1979 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |