|New York State Assembly District 125|
|2003 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||11|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York at Geneseo, 1973|
|Master's||State University of New York at Geneseo, 1985|
Lifton's professional experiences include chief of staff for New York State Assemblymember Marty Luster and an english teacher for Ithica Schools and Geneseo Central School.
Lifton earned her BA and MA in english from the State University of New York at Geneseo. She and her husband, Don, have three children; Christine, Paul, and Rebecca.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lifton has been appointed to the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York State Assembly
- Election Law Committee, New York State Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Election Day Operations and Voter Disenfranchisement
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lifton served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Election Law Committee, New York Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Libraries and Education Technology Committee, New York Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Lifton is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 125. She is running unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. She is also running on the Working Families Party ticket. No candidates filed to run in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 125 2010|
|Barbara Lifton (D)||22,410|
|Thomas Reynolds (R)||13,444|
On November 4, 2008 Lifton won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 125. She ran unopposed.
Lifton raised $2,558 for her campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 125 2008|
|Barbara Lifton (D)||34,768|
In 2010, Lifton received $47,244 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Barbara Lifton's campaign in 2010|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
|Tompkins County Democratic Cmte||$2,700|
|Wittink, Alicia P||$1,000|
|New York State Nurses Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$47,244|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Barbara + Lifton + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Barbara Lifton
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
|New York Assembly - District 125
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |