For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Barbara Mallory Caraway
|Texas State House, District 110|
|2007 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|High school||Palo Duro High School|
|Bachelor's||Texas Southern University|
|Place of birth||Clarksville, Texas|
|Profession||Small business owner|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Controversy
- 5 Elections
- 6 Campaign donors
- 7 Scorecards
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Mallory-Caraway is Owner/Founder of Showcase Group, Limited Liability Company. She has also worked as Owner/Founder of Barbara Mallory Caraway and Associates, Co-Host/Producer of the Joe Bagby Morning Show KHVN Heaven 97am, and an After School Program instructor at Nova Charter.
Barbara Mallory-Caraway served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
- HB 1052 - Relating to the creation, powers, and duties of film districts.
- HB 1515 - Relating to sanctions that may be imposed under certain circumstances on academically unacceptable public school campuses.
- HB 4240 - Relating to the authority of the governing body of a local authority to impose a civil penalty for certain violations recorded by a photographic traffic signal enforcement system.
Police were called to a disturbance at Caraway's home in January 2011. Caraway's husband, Dwaine, who is Dallas mayor pro tem, called Police Chief David Brown personally for assistance. City officials asked the attorney general to allow the city to keep the records of the investigation secret.
According to Politico, Johnson's primary competition was serious this year. Both Caraway and Clayton are legitimate threats to the 10-term Johnson, and Clayton has raised significant funds and created a compelling ad. Additionally, national super PAC Campaign for Primary Accountability launched an ad campaign against the incumbent. For her part, Johnson emphasized her endorsement from Barack Obama, important in a majority-black district.
Incumbent Eddie Bernice Johnson was targeted by the Super PAC Campaign for Primary Accountability. The Houston Chronicle reports that the PAC targeted Johnson because she is a long-standing incumbent, her constituents are dissatisfied, and there was a capable challenger. The PAC's efforts benefited Caraway and fellow primary challenger Taj Clayton.
Mallory-Caraway won re-election in District 110. She was unopposed in the March 2 Democratic primary and faced no opposition in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 110 |
2010 General election results
|Barbara Mallory-Caraway (D)||15,866||100%|
On November 4, 2008, Mallory-Caraway won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from the 110th District, receiving 30,869 votes without opposition. She raised $56,313 for her campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 110|
|Barbara Mallory-Caraway (D)||30,869||100.00%|
Mallory-Caraway raised a total of $59,496 in 2010. Below are her top 5 campaign contributors in the 2010 election:
|Texas Trial Lawyers Association||$1,500|
|Texas Association of Realtors||$1,500|
Mallory-Caraway raised $56,313 in 2008. Her top 5 campaign contributors are listed below.
|Linebarger Heard Goggan Blair Graham Pena & Sampson||$2,000|
|H Ross Perot Jr||$2,000|
|Apartment Assoc of Greater Dallas||$2,000|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Barbara Mallory-Caraway received a grade of F on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Barbara Mallory + Caraway + Texas + Congress
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Barbara Mallory-Caraway
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 110 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Mallory-Caraway
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Mallory-Caraway
- City of Dallas withholding info on incident at home of Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway and his wife, state Rep. Barbara Mallory Caraway, Texas Watchdog,
- Politico "5 incumbents facing primary fight," May 3, 2012
- Texas Watchdog "Houston super PAC aims to defeat Texas congressmen," April 10, 2012
- Houston Chronicle blog "Houston-based super PAC targeting more Texas incumbents," April 8, 2012
- New York Times "In Democratic Primary, Taking On a Dallas Institution," April 26, 2012
- Official Texas Election Results
- Texas House official election results for 2008
- District 110 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
|Texas House District 110
| Succeeded by|
Toni Rose (D)
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |