Revision as of 01:00, 20 March 2013 by Tking
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Assembly District 8|
Ortega's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Tax increases are bad for the economy. Barbara believes taxes should not be raised without a two-thirds majority vote of the Legislature. Barbara voted in favor of Proposition 26 in 2010, a Constitutional amendment ratified by Californians that requires a two-thirds majority vote before the Legislators can raise fees."
- State Budget
- Excerpt: "Barbara is a fiscal conservative. She understands that the current State Budget fiasco started during the 2000-2001 budget cycle “money-party” of unsustainable permanent spending increases, spearheaded by Gray Davis and liberal Democrats in the Legislature."
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "California used to be the center of business innovation and expansion. No more. High taxes and fees; punitive regulatory policies; and unrestrained litigation have driven businesses, and the jobs they create, out of our state."
- Health Care
- Excerpt: "Barbara believes that our health care infrastructure is fragile and is under pressure from multiple sources including rapidly rising costs and too much government involvement. Having spent 24 years as a health care executive, Barbara knows that the elaborate infrastructure built on preventing disease and taking care of people who are sick simply has to be shored up, preserved and improved."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Barbara + Ortega + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.