|U.S. House, Massachusetts, District 4|
|January 3, 1981-Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||33|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 4, 1980|
|Next general||Not running in 2012|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives|
|Birthday||March 31, 1940|
|Place of birth||Bayonne, New Jersey|
Frank announced at the end of November 2011 that he would retire rather than seek re-election, stating that he didn't have the energy for a difficult campaign for a seat with 325,000 new voters. "I think I would have won but it would have been a tough campaign. I hate raising money," Frank said.
Frank is the ranking member on the United States House of Representatives Committee on Financial Services.
- Frank also supported the auto bailout. As of September 13, 2010: 56% of Americans disapproved of the auto bailout, while 43% supported it.
- In addition, Frank voted for the stimulus bill. 57% of U.S. voters believe that the stimulus has either hurt the economy (36%) or had no impact (21%). 38% believe the stimulus helped the economy. 
- Frank also voted in favor of the "Cash for Clunkers" bill. According to a June 2009 Rasmussen Reports poll, 54% of likely U.S. voters opposed Cash for Clunkers, while 35% supported it.
- Frank supported the "Cap and Trade" bill. Just after the bill’s passage, 42% of likely U.S. voters said that cap and trade would hurt the economy, while 19% believed it would help. 15% said that the bill would have no impact.
- Frank voted in favor of the health care reform bill. 57% of likely voters at least somewhat favor repeal of the health care reform bill, including 46% who strongly favor repeal. 35% of likely voters oppose repeal. 51% of likely voters believe the health care reform bill will be bad for the country, while 36% believe it will be beneficial.
Frank is not running for re-election in 2012.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Massachusetts Congressional District 4 Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Barney Frank Incumbent||55.4%||125,825|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Barney + Frank + Massachusetts + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Wall Street Journal "Frank Won't Seek Re-Election," November 29, 2011
- Gov Track "Barney Frank" Accessed April 16, 2012
- Barney Frank US House website "About me" Accessed November 29, 2011
- U.S. House Clerk "2008 TARP Roll Call Vote"
- Gallup "Among recent bills, financial reform lone plus in Congress," September 13, 2010
- U.S. House Clerk "2008 Auto Bailout Roll Call Vote"
- U.S. House Clerk "2009 Stimulus Bill Roll Call Vote"
- U.S. House Clerk "2009 Cash for Clunkers Roll Call Vote"
- U.S. House Clerk "2009 Cap and Trade Roll Call Vote"
- U.S. House Clerk "2010 Health Care Reform Roll Call Vote"
- MSNBC "2010 Election Results"
|U.S. House of Representatives - Massachusetts, District 4
| Succeeded by|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives
| Succeeded by|