|Colorado State Senate District 14|
|High school||Cherry Creek High School, 2005|
|Bachelor's||University of Northern Colorado, 2009|
|Master's||University of Colorado - Denver, 2011|
Rothe earned his BA from the University of Northern Colorado in 2009. After graduating, he taught public speaking at the university for the School of Communication. Rothe then moved to Fort Collins to open a coffee shop at the Colorado State University College of Business. In 2011, he received his MPA from the University of Colorado - Denver.
Rothe's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Economic development should be priority one for the state government. If we do not work tirelessly to promote economic growth and make Colorado a better place to do business, we will not be able to fund the many things we want for the future of our state."
- Excerpt: "Education is the silver bullet. It can fight crime and poverty. It can lead our state to innovation, clean energy production, high-tech industry, global leadership, and small-business success."
- Public Safety and Crime Prevention
- Excerpt: "We will help the Colorado State Patrol meet its goal of zero highway deaths by 2025 by funding the installation of speed enforcement zone monitors along the I-25 and I-70 corridor. These zones will help alleviate the burden on state patrol officers, allowing them to focus on providing emergency services, DUI checkpoints, and highway safety programs."
- Energy Innovation
- Excerpt: "Our energy policy should be a comprehensive, "all of the above" approach. Domestic energy production should be encouraged and we should reduce our energy consumption. We must also reduce our dependence on foreign sources of energy and examine what kind of strategic energy future we want for Colorado. If we subsidize any energy production we must see a return on our investment of tax dollars in the form of affordable energy that meets our long-term energy goals."
- Protecting our Natural Resources
- Excerpt: "Fort Collins residents have spoken clearly time and time again that they want their city and state to have the cleanest air and water possible, and we must keep that mandate a priority for Colorado. From promoting clean energy alternatives to prohibiting emissions and water contamination, we can meet the needs of today while protecting our responsibility for tomorrow."
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Barrett + Rothe + Colorado + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Results are unavailable right now. Please check back later.
- [Bio submission to Ballotpedia, August 7, 2012]
- Campaign website, The Issues
- Colorado Secretary of State, - 2012 Primary Candidate List
- Colorado Secretary of State, Official Primary Election Results