|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 70|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Doss received a B.S. in Animal Science and Business from the University of Tennessee in 1985. He works as a general contractor.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Doss served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Utilities|
Elections for 99 seats in the Tennessee House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Incumbent Barry Doss was unopposed in the Republican primary. Doss was unopposed in the general election.
Doss ran in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 70. Doss defeated Adam Braeback and Don Parr in the August 2 primary election and won election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 70, General Election, 2012|
|Independent||John C. Johnson||3.8%||863|
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 70 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Doss is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Doss raised a total of $125,959 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 2, 2013.
|Barry Doss's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 70||$125,959|
|Grand Total Raised||$125,959|
2012Doss won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Doss raised a total of $125,959.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Barry Doss's campaign in 2012|
|Tennessee Legislative Campaign Cmte||$7,100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$125,959|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Doss and his wife currently reside in Leoma, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Barry + Doss + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign Contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Project Vote Smart
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 7, 2014 Election Results," accessed September 11, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Doss, Barry," accessed July 2, 2013
Joey Hensley (D)
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 70
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |