|Idaho State Senate District 33|
|1998 - Present|
|December 1, 2012|
|Years in position||17|
|Senate Majority Leader|
|2002 - Present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University (1978)|
|J.D.||University of Idaho (1980)|
|Date of birth||March 7, 1955|
|Place of birth||Rapid City, South Dakota|
Davis graduated from Brigham Young with his Bachelor's degree in 1978 and earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Idaho in 1980.
In addition to being a Senator, Davis is a practicing attorney and the Chairman of Electrical Wholesale Supply Company, Inc.
Davis was a three time delegate to the Republican National Convention representing Idaho in 2000, 2004, and 2008.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Davis has been appointed to this committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Davis served on these committees:
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
Davis is running in District 33. He is opposed in the Republican primary on May 15 by Brian Schad. No candidates filed to run in the Democratic primary. The general election takes place November 6, 2012.
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
|Idaho State Senate, District 33 (2010)|
|Bart Davis (R)||6,764||66.5%|
|Neil Williams (D)||3,411||33.5%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Bart Davis won re-election to the Idaho State Senate, District 33 receiving 64.8% of the vote (9,456 votes), ahead of Democrat Neil Williams who received 35.2% of the vote (5,136 votes).
|Idaho State Senate, District 33 (2008)|
|Bart Davis (R)||9,456||64.8%|
|Neil Williams (D)||5,136||35.2%|
In 2010, Davis received $44,610 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Idaho State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bart Davis's campaign in 2010|
|Idaho Soft Drink Association||$1,350|
|Union Pacific Railroad||$1,300|
|Total Raised in 2010||$44,610|
Cameron represents Idaho Senate District 33. Senate District 33 includes all of Jefferson County.
Bart is married to Marion Davis. They have six children and reside in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bart + Davis + Idaho + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Davis's website
- Idaho Senate - Bart Davis
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Idaho Senate, Members of Idaho senate standing committees
- Office of the Idaho Secretary of State "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2012," Accessed March 20, 2012
- "GOP gain in Idaho House could trigger policy changes," Idaho Reporter, November 3rd, 2010
- Idaho Senate official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 candidate contributions
- "Idaho Legislature" 2009 Legislative Directory, July 22, 2009(See page 2)
|Idaho Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of Idaho
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Lands | Director of Labor | Public Utilities Commission |