For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Bay Area Council
|Bay Area Council|
|President Jim Wunderman|
The Bay Area Council (BAC) is a group of business executives centered around the San Francisco Bay Area in California. They believe that California's Constitution needs fundamental repair and revision and, as a result, are supporting measures to call for a California constitutional convention.
In the past, the Bay Area Council hired Clint Reilly to manage its effort to call a constitutional convention. Jim Wunderman, President of the Bay Area Council, said that Reilly "has a remarkable strategic sense and a passion for organizing, which is all too often missing in statewide campaigns, and is just what this historic effort needs to succeed."
The Bay Area Council was founded in 1945. According to their website, the BAC describe themselves as "a business-sponsored, public-policy advocacy organization for the nine-county Bay Area. The Council proactively advocates for a strong economy, a vital business environment, and a better quality of life for everyone who lives here." In addition, their mission states, "We are business leaders committed to working with public and civic leaders to make the Bay Area the most innovative, globally competitive, and sustainable region in the world."
The organization's website also states that "275 of the largest employers in the region support the Bay Area Council and offer their CEO or top executive as a member." Members of BAC include wealthy dotcom businesses Google and Yahoo, as well as Hewlett-Packard, Wells Fargo, Safeway and Chevron.
The BAC was a key lobbyist for the Bay Area Rapid Transit system in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Supported California Proposition 16 (June 2010)
- Supported California Proposition 20, Congressional Redistricting (2010)
- Official website of the Bay Area Council
- Official website of the Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- The Los Angeles Times, "California constitutional convention push fizzles", Accessed February 21, 2014
- Modesto Bee, "Dan Walters: California faces moment of decision", July 5, 2009
- Sacramento Bee, "Political gunfighter Clint Reilly comes out of retirement to run Repair California", November 29, 2009
- The Bay Area Council, "About us", Accessed February 21, 2014.
- Los Angeles Times, "Cries for reform of California government come from all sides", July 14, 2009
- Sacramento News & Review, "California Renovation", June 18, 2009