|Iowa State Senate District 45|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Schmitz has worked as an Education Consultant. She is also an Adjunct Professor for Indian Hills Community College. She is currently a Social Worker for Southern Prairie Area Education Agency.
- Commerce Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Economic Growth Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Education Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Human Resources Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Ways and Means Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
Schmitz lost to Republican candidate Sandra Greiner by a margin of 11,664 to 10,196 in the November 2 general election.  Iowa party candidate Douglas Phillips also ran in the race receiving 1,131 votes.
In the June 8 primary election, Schmitz ran unopposed. 
On November 7, 2006, Schmitz was elected to the 45th District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating David Miller (R).  Schmitz raised $230,952 for her campaign, while Miller raised $138,111. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 45 (2006)|
|Becky Schmitz (D)||10,362|
|David Miller (R)||10,178|
In 2006 Schmitz collected $230,952 in donations.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Democratic Party||$164,799|
|Forward Together PAC||$3,000|
|United Food and Commercial Workers International Union||$2,500|
Schmitz and her husband, Ron, have two children.
- Sen. Schmitz's Website
- Sen. Schmitz's Senate Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Becky Schmitz
- Results for the November 2, 2010 general election, Iowa
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Becky Schmitz on Facebook
|Iowa Senate District 45
| Succeeded by|