|Wisconsin Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection|
|1997 - 2001, January 3, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position (current service)||3|
|Years in position (previous service)||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Scott Walker (R)|
|Wisconsin State Assembly|
|1987 – 1997|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin-Platteville|
|Birthday||July 31, 1950|
|Place of birth||Portage, Wisconsin|
Brancel was born and raised in Marquette County, Wisconsin. He managed a dairy operation for 22 years and now runs a 290-acre family farm with his wife, son, and daughter-in-law. He previously served as Wisconsin Agriculture Secretary under Gov. Tommy Thompson from 1997 to 2001.
Brancel was then appointed as director of the Wisconsin Farm Service Agency by the Bush Administration, where he served until early 2009. Later that year he served as the part-time state relations liaison for the University of Wisconsin-Madison's College of Agricultural and Life Sciences.
- BA, Animal science, University of Wisconsin-Platteville
Wisconsin Secretary of Agriculture (2011-present)
Brancel has served as Wisconsin Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection since January 2011.
Wisconsin Secretary of Agriculture (1997-2001)
Brancel first served as Wisconsin Secretary of Agriculture under Gov. Tommy Thompson from 1997 to 2001.
Wisconsin State Assembly (1987-1997)
Brancel was appointed as Wisconsin Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection by Gov. Scott Walker (R) in December 2010. Brancel stated, "I'm excited to have the opportunity to once again serve the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection community and work alongside Governor-elect Walker to grow Wisconsin's economy."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ben + Brancel + Wisconsin + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Dairy 30x20 Grants Now Being Offered to Processors - Wisconsin Ag Connection
- Convention offers a host of big names in Midwest ag - bcrnews.com
- Big cabbage nets Montello boy $1000 - Portage Daily Register
- Master Meat Crafters Program Graduates Another Class - Wisconsin Ag Connection
- agriculture briefs - Dubuque Telegraph Herald
- Wisconsin Master Meat Crafter Program Graduates 21 - PerishableNews (press release)
- Master Meat Crafter Program graduates 21 - Agri-View
- Animal diseases keep this vet up at night - Wisfarmer
- Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
- Brancel's biography
- Ben Brancel on LinkedIn
|Wisconsin Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
| Succeeded by|