Difference between revisions of "Ben Cline"
|Line 116:||Line 116:|
Revision as of 20:07, 11 August 2011
|Virginia House of Delegates District 24|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney|
Cline works as Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney for the County of Rockingham. He has previously served as President for New Dominion Solutions LLC from 2002-2007, and in the office of Congressman Bob Goodlatte from 1994-2002. 
Delegate Cline speaking at the Buena Vista Labor Day Forum
According to Cline's official website, he has worked to "lower the tax burden on working Virginians and reduce the costs of government for Virginia taxpayers," "cut spending and streamline the state bureaucracy," and "enable taxpayers to search agency budgets online for wasteful government spending."
- Courts of Justice
- Criminal Law Subcommittee
- Judicial Systems Subcommittee
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #2
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- Subcommittee #1 (Chair)
- Militia, Police and Public Safety
- Subcommittee #2 (Chair)
- HB 2285 Auditor of Public Accounts; duties, standard vendor accounting information to include certain info.
- HB 2633 Assault and battery; penalty when against campus police officer.
- HB 2634 Unborn child pain information; requires doctors to offer to anesthetize fetus prior to abortion.
Cline is running for re-election to the District 24 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Cline was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Jeffery Price in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 24 (2009)|
|Ben Cline (R)||13,723|
|Jeffery Price (D)||5,637|
The top 5 donors to Cline's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia H. Butler||$5,000|
|John G. Rocovich, Jr.||$5,000|
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$4,800|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$3,000|
- Delegate Ben Cline official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Cline
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Rightside VA for Ben Cline
- Delegate Cline Facebook profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Delegate Ben Cline on Twitter
|Virginia House of Delegates District 24
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |