Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 24|
|2002 - Present|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|High school||Lexington High School|
|J.D.||University of Richmond, 2007|
|Place of birth||Stillwater, OK|
|Profession||Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney|
Cline works as Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney for the County of Rockingham. He has previously served as President for New Dominion Solutions LLC from 2002-2007, and in the office of Congressman Bob Goodlatte from 1994-2002. 
Cline earned his B.A. from Bates College in 1994 and his J.D. from the University of Richmond in 2007.
According to Cline's official website, he has worked to "lower the tax burden on working Virginians and reduce the costs of government for Virginia taxpayers," "cut spending and streamline the state bureaucracy," and "enable taxpayers to search agency budgets online for wasteful government spending."
- Courts of Justice
- Criminal Law Subcommittee
- Judicial Systems Subcommittee
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #2
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- Subcommittee #1 (Chair)
- Militia, Police and Public Safety
- Subcommittee #2 (Chair)
- HB 2285 Auditor of Public Accounts; duties, standard vendor accounting information to include certain info.
- HB 2633 Assault and battery; penalty when against campus police officer.
- HB 2634 Unborn child pain information; requires doctors to offer to anesthetize fetus prior to abortion.
Cline is running for re-election to the District 24 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and will be unopposed in the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Cline was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Jeffery Price in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 24 (2009)|
|Ben Cline (R)||13,723|
|Jeffery Price (D)||5,637|
Delegate Cline speaking at the Buena Vista Labor Day Forum
The top 5 donors to Cline's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia H. Butler||$5,000|
|John G. Rocovich, Jr.||$5,000|
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$4,800|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$3,000|
Cline has a wife, Elizabeth.
- Delegate Ben Cline official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Cline
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Rightside VA for Ben Cline
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Delegate Cline Facebook profile
- Delegate Ben Cline on Twitter
|Virginia House of Delegates District 24
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |