|Michigan House of Representatives District 85|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|High school||Corunna High School|
Glardon is a licensed Realtor and president of Glardon Auction Service.
Glardon graduated from Missouri Auction School.
Glardon's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Ben has fought for agriculture by sponsoring legislation that removed burdensome regulations. He also supported legislation that strengthened MAEAP environmental protection. Endorsed by Michigan Farm Bureau and Michigan Agri-Business Association."
- Excerpt:"As State Representative Ben sponsored what is now Public Act 169 of 2011 of the Partial -Birth Abortion Ban. This defines criminal sentencing for those individuals who violate the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act. Endorsed by Right to Life of Michigan."
Government Spending / Economy
- Excerpt:"Ben's primary goal is to create an environment for job growth. That is why he supported eliminating the burdensome Michigan Business Tax and replacing it with a simple flat tax."
- Excerpt:"Ben Glardon is a true believer in supporting our Second Amendment rights and protecting our hunting and angling heritage as Americans."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Glardon has been appointed to these committees:
Glardon won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 85. He was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Paul Ray (D) and Matthew Shepard (I) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 85, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ben Glardon Incumbent||53.6%||23,185|
Glardon won election to the District 85 Seat in 2010. He defeated Harold Kuisel, David Lazar, Dennis Rainwater and Jim Stechschulte in the August 3 Republican primary. He defeated Pamela Drake (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 85 General election (2010)|
|Ben Glardon (R)||17,970|
|Pamela Drake (D)||11,059|
In 2010, Glardon raised $70,614 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Michigan Farm Bureau||$5,000|
|Shia County Republican Executive Cmte||$2,850|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Ben + Glardon + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Ben Glardon received a 71% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Glardon and his wife Miriam have one child.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |