|Nevada State Senate, District 16|
|2011 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Master's||University of Illinois|
|Place of birth||Springfield, IL|
Kieckhefer earned his M.A. from the University of Illinois and B.A. from DePaul University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kieckhefer served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Revenue and Economic Development|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kieckhefer served on these committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health and Human Services|
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2010
|Nevada State Senate, Washoe 4 General election (2010)|
|Ben Kieckhefer (R)||27,314|
|M. K. Yochum (I)||9,654|
Kieckhefer's website talks about the following issues:
- Economy and Jobs
- Excerpt: "Over the past several years I have worked closely with some of the top business leaders of northern Nevada and heard their concerns about how state government interacts with their business operations. I have their support in this campaign because they know I will fight for every job and work with the private sector rather than allow government bureaucracies to tie their hands."
- Excerpt: "We must give parents more control over their child's education by promoting the development of more charter schools, as well as turning over greater authority to individual schools for educating their students. We also need to hold teachers and administrators accountable for the success of their students' learning."
- Excerpt: "The key to structuring government is to make this interaction a positive in our lives and not a burden. I believe it's time for our government to make some of the tough decisions every other Nevadan is making right now. We must scrutinize every program, every expense, every decision, now more than ever."
- Excerpt: "We should be crafting tax policy that stimulates growth and attracts new jobs. Instead it seems too often government puts a higher tax burden on the very small businesses that drive our economy and create jobs."
Comprehensive donor information for Kieckhefer is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Kieckhefer raised a total of $262,912 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 15, 2013.
|Ben Kieckhefer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nevada State Senate, District 16||$32,595|
|2010||Nevada State Senate, Washoe 4||$230,317|
|Grand Total Raised||$262,912|
2012Kieckhefer was not up for election to the Nevada State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Kieckhefer raised a total of $32,595.
|Nevada State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ben Kieckhefer's campaign in 2012|
|Nevada Association Of Realtors||$3,000|
|R & R Partners||$2,463|
|Total Raised in 2012||$32,595|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Kieckhefer won election to the Nevada State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Kieckhefer raised a total of $230,317.
|Nevada State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ben Kieckhefer's campaign in 2010|
|Senate Republican Leaders Fund||$10,000|
|Senate Republican Leadership Conference||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$230,317|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
Kieckhefer and his wife, April, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ben + Kieckhefer + Nevada + Senate" Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Ben+Kieckhefer+Nevada+Senate&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Ben Kieckhefer News Feed
- Ben Kieckhefer's official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Biography from Turn Nevada Red
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Eight Nevada State Senators," November 16, 2011
- Nevada Secretary of State - 2010 General Election Results
- Follow the Money, "Kieckhefer, Ben." Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card"
|Nevada State Senate District 16
| Succeeded by|
|Nevada State Senate Washoe 4
| Succeeded by|