|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 4A|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Moorhead High School|
|Bachelor's||Minnesota State University Moorhead|
|Profession||Employee, The Village Family Service Center|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lien served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Higher Education Finance and Policy|
|• Judiciary Finance and Policy|
Lien's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Local Government Aid
- Excerpt: "I will fight to ensure Local Government Aid funding keeps pace with the growth of Moorhead and Oakport Township. These dollars are critical for public safety and infrastructure maintenance."
- Excerpt: "We need a property tax system that does not put an unfair burden on any homeowner. Replacing the Homestead Market Value Credit with the Homestead Market Value Exclusion was a step in the wrong direction."
Enterprise Development Zones
- Excerpt: "This program delivers valuable funding for our local businesses and keeps them competitive with businesses in North Dakota and South Dakota. Everyone can agree that local businesses are an integral part of any community."
- Excerpt: "Both Moorhead and Oakport Township have a few final pieces of work to accomplish total flood control. I will fight to shore up funding for these projects through bonding bills, state grants and other sources."
- Excerpt: "Public education has long been a source of pride for Minnesota. However, public education has recently fallen from the list of priorities for our state. It has even been used as a source of funding for other purposes"
Lien won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 4A. He defeated Sue Wiger in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Travis Reimche (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 4A, General Election, 2012|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 4A Democratic Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ben + Lien + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
John Persell (DFL)
|Minnesota State House District 4A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |