Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia State Senate|
|Profession||Engineer/Founder, Loyola Enterprises|
Loyola is a graduate from the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. He has served as a Captain in the United States Navy.
He founded Loyola Enterprises Inc., an engineering service contracting firm, in 1991.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
Loyola ran in the 2011 election for Virginia Senate District 6. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and was defeated by incumbent Democrat Ralph Northam in the November 8 general election.
|Virginia State Senate, District 6 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Ralph Northam Incumbent||56.8%||16,606|
Loyola's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- The American Dream
- Excerpt: "We must stand for small business. We must stand for our military. We must stand for the Constitution. We must stand for freedom and we must stand for the American Dream."
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "When the government takes its hands off of the steering wheel of industry, the free market will succeed, the economy will rebound, and the people will prosper. More jobs will be created and unemployment will decrease."
- Excerpt: "Competition amongst public and private schools for funds and students must be encouraged. This will lead to an improved school system nationwide."
- Taxes and the IRS
- Excerpt: "Ben supports tax reform to a pro-growth system that is simpler and more effective."
- Family Values
- Excerpt: "Ben is Pro-Family and will work to defend traditional marriage. A society that no longer values marriage is a society that no longer values itself. Ben is also unabashedly Pro-Life."
- The 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "While in the hands of criminals, guns and other weapons are tools of destruction but in the hands of law abiding citizens, they are a Constitutional right. As your Senator, Ben will fight to preserve the 2nd Amendment."
- Military and National Defense
- Excerpt: "The federal government’s highest responsibility is the protection of its citizens. We must continually equip the various branches of the military with the tools necessary to do just that."
- Excerpt: "For the immediate future, we must utilize every tool available to help steer us towards the day we truly become energy independent. This includes the utilization of hydrogen power, clean coal, solar and wind energy, nuclear power, and the drilling for oil."
- Excerpt: "If the cost of doing business for healthcare providers is lessened in exchange for the provision of free or inexpensive healthcare, millions more Americans will have access to healthcare."
- Excerpt: "We need to take back control of our borders and keep our citizens safe from criminals, terrorists, and other undesirables that may seek to enter the country illegally."
Ben and his wife, Gretchen, have one daughter.