|Lieutenant Governor of Vermont|
|Bachelor's||Vermont College (1995)|
|Master's||Goddard College (1998)|
|Birthday||June 22, 1965|
|Place of birth||Hartford, Connecticut|
Mitchell grew up in Connecticut but moved to Vermont to attend college. He earned his bachelor's degree from Vermont College in 1995, and three years later he graduated from Goddard College with a Master's in Fine Arts. Mitchell had begun teaching at The Union Institute and University in Vermont in 1993 while he was still a student, and he still teaches there today. He is also an Assistant Professor at Landmark College.
- B.A. Vermont College (1995)
- M.F.A. Goddard College (1998)
- See also: Vermont gubernatorial election, 2012
|Lieutenant Governor of Vermont General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Phillip Scott Incumbent||57.1%||162,787|
|Liberty Union||Ben Mitchell||2.4%||6,975|
|Election Results via Vermont Secretary of State.|
On his campaign website, Mitchell states: "My basic platform is to take control of Vermont state resources back into the hands of the people." He lists socialized energy, marijuana legalization and building a sustainable local economy as key issues of his 2012 campaign for lieutenant governor.
Mitchell currently resides in Westminster, Vermont. He has a wife, Kathy Mazziott, and two children, Nicholas and Lucy.
- Ben Mitchell for Lieutenant Governor Official Campaign Website
- Project Vote Smart Candidate Bio- Ben Mitchell
- Mitchell campaign on MySpace
- Vermont Secretary of State Elections Division, "2012 Candidate Listing," accessed October 19, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Ben Mitchell Candidate Profile," accessed October 19, 2012
- Vermont Public Radio "Campaign 2012 Election Results" Accessed November 6, 2012
- Ben Mitchell for Lieutenant Governor Official Campaign Website, "Ben Mitchell for Lieutenant Governor," accessed October 19, 2012