|U.S. House, California, District 38|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 3, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Long Beach State University|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Profession||Certified Public Accountant|
Campos's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "Stop the deficit spending, eliminate the waste, balance the budget and restore accountability. Why is it that we as citizens are required to live within our means and if we don’t we face consequences such as the inability to attain credit or even worse the loss of our property?"
- Limited Government
- Excerpt: "The role of the government is to exercise only those limited powers given to it by the people. Chief among them is protecting its citizens against all enemies, foreign and domestic."
- Promote Free Market System
- Excerpt: "American exceptionalism is based on the generation of Ideas using ingenuity and creativity in finding solutions to meet the demands of a free society. Entrepreneurship, hard work, responsibility and discipline should be encouraged and seen as something to emulate. These are the traits which make America the greatest country in the world."
- Excerpt: "All appropriation bills should be made available on the internet for review by the public for at least 20 days prior to being considered into law. Detailed itemized budgets are to be made available on the internet for review by the public at least 20 days prior to their approval. Bills or budgets not satisfying the aforementioned requirements are to be deemed invalid and unenforceable."
- Adhere to the U.S. Constitution
- Excerpt: "The separation of powers of the executive, legislative and judiciary branches should be observed. Currently the authority of the legislative branch is disregarded by the appointment of czars who make decisions for entire industries without regard to its legality. Reject cap and trade. Uphold the second amendment."
Campos ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 38th District. Campos sought election as a Republican candidate in the primary on June 3, 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
Campos ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 38th District. He and district 39 incumbent Linda Sanchez (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Jorge Robles (R). They faced off in the general election on November 6, 2012, and Sanchez won.
|U.S. House, California District 38 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Linda Sanchez Incumbent||67.5%||145,280|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 38, 2012 - Benjamin Campos Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,048,195|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,104,480|
|Top contributors to Benjamin Campos's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Benjamin + Campos + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- California's 38th Congressional District elections, 2014
- California's 38th Congressional District
- California Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 28, 2014
- CNN "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- Campaign website, Platform
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- Unofficial election results
- Open Secrets, "Benjamin Campos 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed March 19, 2013
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |