For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Minnesota State Senate District 47|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Date of birth||April 18, 1978|
Kruse is a real estate agent with Coldwell Banker. Kruse received his education at the University of Minnesota.
Kruse's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt:"Benjamin believes the first priority of Minnesota state government in this challenging economic climate needs to be the retention and creation of jobs."
- Excerpt:"Though not a high priority state wide; Benjamin believes that public safety is a vital issue for those who live in Brooklyn Park, Champlin, and Coon Rapids"
- Excerpt:"After Minnesota families are able to put food on the table and our communities are safe Benjamin believes that education must be our priority. He understands that education is not only fundamental for children to be successful in society, but is also essential in the fight against crime and growth of social welfare programs."
Taxation and Spending
- Excerpt:"Benjamin believes in keeping money in the hands of those who have work hard to earn it."
Size and Scope of Government
- Excerpt:"Benjamin believes that government is best kept small and local. He understands that when government is kept small and local there is a higher level of accountability and less opportunity for waste."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kruse served on these committees:
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Kruse won election in District 36 in 2012 due to redistricting. He was unopposed in the August 14 Republican primary and was defeated by John Hoffman (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 36, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Benjamin Kruse Incumbent||46.8%||19,522|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 47 (2010)|
|Benjamin Kruse (R)||14990||49.83%|
|Leo Foley (DFL)||13466||44.77%|
|Andrew Kratoska (I)||1606||5.34%|
In 2010, Kruse received $22,593 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Minnesota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Benjamin Kruse's campaign in 2010|
|Buchholz Volunteer Cmte||$2,800|
|Harold E Hamilton & Wife||$500|
|Minnesota Association Of Realtors||$500|
|MCCL State PAC||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$22,593|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Benjamin + Kruse + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Kruse has a wife, Anita.
- Campaign site
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- "votebenjaminkruse," Official Campaign Website
- Rick Santorum for President, "SANTORUM ANNOUNCES MINNESOTA LEADERSHIP ENDORSEMENTS," February 6, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," retrieved June 12, 2012.
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Secretary of State Official general election results
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
Leo Foley (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 47
| Succeeded by|
Julianne Ortman (R)