|District judge, Houston County|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Benjamin Lewis is a former Republican member of the Alabama House of Representatives. He represented the 86th District from the time of his election in 2006 until his resignation in June 2010 to accept an appointment to serve as a district judge in Houston County.
Lewis received his J.D. from Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, and B.S. in History from Troy State University.
Lewis is a member of the Alabama Cattlemen's Association, Alabama State Bar Association, National Rifle Association, Alabama Farmers Federation, American Agricultural Law Association, Dothan Area Chamber of Commerce, Florida Bar Association, Houston County Bar Association, and Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Lewis' answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. He did not provide an answer when asked his top legislative priorities.
Lewis ran for re-election to the 86th District seat in 2010. He was then appointed to the Houston District judge position and has dropped out of the race.
Lewis raised $234,385 for his campaign, while Carothers raised $328,773.
|Alabama State House, District 86 (2006)|
|Benjamin Lewis (R)||6,488|
|Joe Carothers (D)||6,394|
Below are Lewis's top 5 campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|Automobile Dealers Assoc of AL||$1,000|
|Michael D Schmitz||$1,000|
|AL Forestry Assoc||$1,000|
|AL Rural Electric Assoc||$1,000|
|AL Trucking Assoc||$1,000|
In 2006, Lewis raised $234,385 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Alabama Republican Party||$115,650|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$57,500|
- Alabama Legislature - Benjamin Lewis
- Project Vote Smart - Benjamin Lewis
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Dothan Eagle, "Riley appoints Benjamin Lewis as district judge," June 21, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Lewis
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Lewis Issue Positions
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- 2006 contributions to Benjamin Lewis
|Alabama House District 86
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|