Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Utah House of Representatives District 59|
Norton's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
The sovereignty of the state of Utah.
- Excerpt:" Ben believes as did the Countries founding fathers that the states are independent states. In fact originally it was understood that the federal government would not or could not exist without the consent of the people and the states. "
Utah State Legislative Overreach.
- Excerpt:"Ben accepts as truth the postulate that we should not and cannot force (by government or any other means) any person to make good choices. Though it is difficult we need to allow individuals the right to make mistakes and the right to make great decisions."
Defending the Constitution
- Excerpt:"Ben believes the time to uphold our Constitution is now. As a people we need to decide are we going to truly support the Constitution or are we going to be involved in the creation of a new world order?"
Education in Utah.
- Excerpt:"Ben believes that we need to stand up against federal despotism and say no to federal control of our schools. Return control of the schools to the parents. Return responsibility for education to the parents. "
- Excerpt:"Ben’s pledge to you is that he will be just that; your individual representative and not a representative of big business or of a government department. "
Norton ran for election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 59. Norton was defeated by incumbent Val Peterson (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Utah House of Representatives, District 59, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Val Peterson Incumbent||85.3%||9,971|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Benjamin + Norton + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found