|Mississippi House Of Representatives District 45|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||Cattle Rancher, Businessman|
Malone is a businessman and cattle rancher. He attended East Central Junior College.
He is a member of the Cattlemen's Association and Masons.
Malone currently serves on the following committees:
Malone is running in the 2011 election for Mississippi House of Representatives District 45. He ran unopposed in the primary on August 2, 2011. Jay Mathis won the August 2 Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 8, 2011. 
District 45 has been targeted by the GOP as a possible pickup in its attempt to flip the state House to Republican control for the first time since Reconstruction. The Mississippi GOP's push hopes to mirror successful efforts in other southern states, including North Carolina and Louisiana, to break the last vestiges of the old Democratic "solid south."
On November 6, 2007 Malone was re-elected in District 45, defeating Republican challenger Jay Mathis.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 45 (2007)|
|Bennett Malone (D)||3,147||56.04%|
|Jay W. Mathis (R)||2,469||43.96%|
In 2007, Malone collected $29,350 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
Post Office Box 1018
Jackson, MS 39215-1018
Post Office Box 528
Carthage, MS 39051
Phone: 601-298-9576 601-298-9576 (Home)
- Mississippi House Member Page
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Malone
- ↑ Mississippi Secretary of State, 2011 Official Primary Candidate List
- ↑ RealClearPolitics, "Tea party targets some Dem seats in Miss. House," August 10, 2011.
- ↑ http://www.sos.state.ms.us/elections/2007/Statewide%20Elections.asp
- ↑ http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/candidate.phtml?c=94708
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 45
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |