Berkeley Redistricting Charter Amendment, Measure R (November 2012)
Revision as of 14:02, 29 November 2012 by Steven.ellis
November 6, 2012, ballot for voters in the City of Berkeley in Alameda County where it was approved.
With the approval of Measure R, city council redistricting will be adopted by ordinance, with provisions governing how the districts are to be drawn.
- Final certified results from the Alameda County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|MEASURE R: "Shall the Charter of the City of Berkeley be amended to provide that council district redistricting shall be adopted by ordinance and to require that districts be as equal in population as feasible taking into consideration topography, geography, cohesiveness, contiguity, integrity, compactness of territory and communities interest, and have easily understood boundaries such as major traffic arteries and geographic boundaries?"|
- Text of Measure R
- Berkeley Ballot Measure Browser
- Following the Money Behind Berkeley Ballot Measures
- Berkeleyside, "City Council approves pools measure, debates streets", June 27, 2012
- Berkeley Patch, "Deadline Looms for Ballot Arguments", August 16, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.