|U.S. House, Michigan, District 13|
Prior to his time in the legislature, Bert served as office manager at his family's law firm. He was also the Chief of Staff to State Representative Bill McConico for over 5 years.
Bert received his education at the University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy and went on to become a Criminology and Security Administration major at the University of Detroit, Mercy.
Goci is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Michigan's 13th District. He faces incumbent John Conyers, Jr., Glenn Anderson, Shanelle Jackson, and John Goci in the Democratic primary. Harry T. Sawicki is running as the Republican candidate.
|Michigan State Senate, District 2 General election (2010)|
|Bert Johnson (D)||34,858|
|John Chouinard (R)||17,459|
Bert Johnson raised $47,677 for his campaign.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 5|
|Bert Johnson (D)||25,595|
State Legislature committee assignments
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Johnson has been appointed to these committees:
- Regulatory Reform, Vice Chair
- Statutory Committee on Administrative Rules
- Subcommittee on General Government, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Judiciary, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on the Department of Energy, Labor and Economic Growth, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Johnson served on these committees:
- Regulatory Reform (Chair)
- Banking and Financial Services
- Energy and Technology
- Health Policy
- Public Employee Health Care Reform
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bert + Johnson + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Johnson is the father of three children: India, Bertram, and Nicholas.
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Senate website
- Michigan Votes - Bert Johnson
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Bert Johnson on Facebook
- Bert Johnson on LinkedIn