|U.S. House, Michigan, District 13|
Prior to his time in the legislature, Bert served as office manager at his family's law firm. He was also the Chief of Staff to State Representative Bill McConico for over 5 years.
Bert received his education at the University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy and went on to become a Criminology and Security Administration major at the University of Detroit, Mercy.
Goci is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Michigan's 13th District. He faces incumbent John Conyers, Jr., Glenn Anderson, Shanelle Jackson, and John Goci in the Democratic primary. Harry T. Sawicki is running as the Republican candidate.
|Michigan State Senate, District 2 General election (2010)|
|Bert Johnson (D)||34,858|
|John Chouinard (R)||17,459|
Bert Johnson raised $47,677 for his campaign.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 5|
|Bert Johnson (D)||25,595|
State Legislature committee assignments
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Johnson has been appointed to these committees:
- Regulatory Reform, Vice Chair
- Statutory Committee on Administrative Rules
- Subcommittee on General Government, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Judiciary, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on the Department of Energy, Labor and Economic Growth, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Johnson served on these committees:
- Regulatory Reform (Chair)
- Banking and Financial Services
- Energy and Technology
- Health Policy
- Public Employee Health Care Reform
|Bert Johnson (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||March 31, 2012||$5,799.66||$49,070.00||$(13,466.18)||$41,403.48|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bert + Johnson + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Today in Detroit: Another Heidelberg Project fire, Bert Johnson running for ... - MLive.com
- State Sen. Bert Johnson to run for congressional seat held by Senate candidate ... - MLive.com
- Anti-Blight Bills Headed To Snyder's Desk - CBS Local
- Bills will address blight in Michigan - Livingston Daily
- Anti-blight bills headed to Michigan governor - Marquette Mining Journal
- EAA expansion likely to happen despite opposition from Democrats in legislature - MLive.com
- Michigan Freedom Fund: Anonymous donors 'vital' - The Detroit News
- Rick Haglund: I'll take House Speaker Jase Bolger at his word that he cares ... - MLive.com
- Since 1897, the Cat-Griz rivalry has captivated the state - The Missoulian
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Bert Johnson received a 13% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Johnson is the father of three children: India, Bertram, and Nicholas.
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Senate website
- Michigan Votes - Bert Johnson
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Bert Johnson on Facebook
- Bert Johnson on LinkedIn
- ↑ Official Election Results from 2010 State Senate races
- ↑ Michigan House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money's report on Johnson's 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ Federal Elections Commission "Bert Johnson's Summary Report," Accessed July 2, 2012
- ↑ Federal Elections Commission "Bert Johnson April Quarterly," Accessed July 2, 2012
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 22, 2012