|U.S. House, Michigan, District 13|
Prior to his time in the legislature, Bert served as office manager at his family's law firm. He was also the Chief of Staff to State Representative Bill McConico for over 5 years.
Bert received his education at the University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy and went on to become a Criminology and Security Administration major at the University of Detroit, Mercy.
|Michigan's 13th Congressional District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|John Conyers, Jr.||55.4%||38,371|
|Michigan State Senate, District 2 General election (2010)|
|Bert Johnson (D)||34,858|
|John Chouinard (R)||17,459|
Bert Johnson raised $47,677 for his campaign.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 5|
|Bert Johnson (D)||25,595|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Johnson served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Health Policy|
|• Regulatory Reform, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Johnson served on these committees:
- Regulatory Reform, Vice Chair
- Statutory Committee on Administrative Rules
- Subcommittee on General Government, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Judiciary, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on the Department of Energy, Labor and Economic Growth, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Johnson served on these committees:
- Regulatory Reform (Chair)
- Banking and Financial Services
- Energy and Technology
- Health Policy
- Public Employee Health Care Reform
|Bert Johnson (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||March 31, 2012||$5,799.66||$49,070.00||$(13,466.18)||$41,403.48|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bert + Johnson + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Bert Johnson received a 13% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Johnson is the father of three children: India, Bertram, and Nicholas.
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Senate website
- Michigan Votes - Bert Johnson
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Bert Johnson on Facebook
- Bert Johnson on LinkedIn
- Associated Press primary results
- Official Election Results from 2010 State Senate races
- Michigan House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Johnson's 2008 campaign contributions
- Federal Election Commission "Bert Johnson's Summary Report," Accessed July 2, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Bert Johnson April Quarterly," Accessed July 2, 2012
- Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 22, 2012