Difference between revisions of "Betsy Coffia"
m (Text replace - ""2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing,"" to ""2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing,"")
|Line 59:||Line 59:|
Coffia's website highlighted the following campaign themes:<ref name=website>[http://www.betsyformichigan.com/
Coffia's website highlighted the following campaign themes:<ref name=website>[http://www.betsyformichigan.com/, ",accessed , ] </ref>
Latest revision as of 23:24, 18 June 2014
|Michigan House of Representatives District 104|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Northwestern Michigan College|
Coffia's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I am the only local 104th candidate who isn’t accepting PAC money or out-of-state donations. This keeps me accountable to the voters rather than special interests."
Jobs & Business
- Excerpt: "We need a vibrant local and regional economy that offers living wage jobs to our community. This area is already an attractive place to live, and I believe we must work to enhance the desirability of Grand Traverse County through place-making."
- Excerpt: "One of my top legislative goals will be pushing for equal funding for all our students. Our children in TCAPS and Kingsley schools receive the lowest per pupil funding allotted by the state; we cannot allow this to continue."
- Excerpt: "Access to affordable healthcare is a human right. It is past time this nation finds a way to join other developed nations in providing it for our citizens. I embrace efforts to help Grand Traverse County residents get fair and equal access to healthcare, and to adopt a healthy lifestyle in general. "
- Excerpt: "A huge part of our economy in Grand Traverse County is tourism. Anything that has the potential to poison or damage our water, our bays, lakes, rivers and streams should be responsibly researched and regulated."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Betsy Coffia faces Penny Larcom in the Democratic primary. Eight candidates face off in the Republican primary.
Coffiaran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 104. She defeated Joseph Sloan in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Wayne Schmidt (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 104, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Wayne Schmidt Incumbent||56.5%||26,042|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 104 Democratic Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Betsy + Coffia + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Betsy Coffia for State Representative, "Positions," accessed June 19, 2014 (Archived)
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 6, 2012
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |