For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Virginia House of Delegates District 29|
|1994 - 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Date of birth||05/29/1947|
|Place of birth||Ossining, NY|
Sherwood sits on the Board of Supervisors for the Planning Commission, and the Winchester/Frederick County Local Emergency Planning Committee.
In the 2012-2013 session, Sherwood served on the following committees:
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources, Chair
- Militia, Police and Public Safety
In the 2010-2011 session, Sherwood served on the following committees:
- Militia, Police and Public Safety, Chair
- Public Safety Subcommittee, Chair
- Capital Outlay Subcommittee
- Transportation Subcommittee
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Chesapeake Subcommittee
- HB 1885 Telephone regulatory alternatives; determination of competitiveness.
- HB 2497 Electronic government; Secretary of Technology to develop and implement strategies therefore.
- HB 2557 Health insurance plan, State; coverages and benefits.
|Virginia House of Delegates District 29 Republican Primary, 2013|
|Beverly Sherwood Incumbent||48.7%||1,492|
In 2009, Sherwood was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. She defeated Aaron Tweedie in the General Election.
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 29 (2009)|
|Beverly Sherwood (R)||14,908|
|Aaron Tweedie (I)||3,677|
In 2011, Sherwood received $80,183 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Beverly Sherwood's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$4,500|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$3,000|
|Virginia Association Of Realtors||$2,700|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$80,183|
The top 5 donors to Sherwood's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$2,277|
|Virginia Federation of Republican Women||$2,000|
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$2,000|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$2,000|
|Hunton & Williams||$1,838|
In 2013, Sherwood was endorsed by the National Rifle Association.
Sherwood and her husband, Frank, have one child. They live on a farm in Frederick County.
- Delegate Beverly Sherwood official website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Beverly Sherwood on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Sherwood
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia Board of Elections, "Unofficial Primary Results," Accessed June 13, 2013
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
- National Rifle Association, "Political Victory Fund Endorsements," Accessed May 31, 2013
|Virginia House of Delegates District 29
| Succeeded by|
Mark J. Berg (R)
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |