Big Rapids Public School District Sinking Fund Tax Levy Proposal (May 2013)
This measure authorized the Big Rapids Public School District to increase its property taxes by 0.75 mill ($0.75 per $1,000 of assessed valuation) for 5 years in order to create a sinking fund to provide for the maintenance, repair and construction needs of the district.
|Big Rapids School Proposal 2|
- These results are from Mecosta County Elections Office
- Election results from other counties are unavailable currently.
Text of measure
Language on the ballot:
|“||Shall the limitation on the amount of taxes which may be assessed against all property in Big Rapids Public Schools, Mecosta and Newaygo Counties, Michigan, be increased by and the board of education be authorized to levy not to exceed .75 mill ($0.75 on each $1,000 of taxable valuation) for a period of 5 years, 2013 to 2017, inclusive, to create a sinking fund for the purchase of real estate for sites for, and the construction or repair of, school buildings and all other purposes authorized by law; the estimate of the revenue the school district will collect if the millage is approved and levied in 2013 is approximately $319,454?||”|
- May 7, 2013 ballot measures in Michigan
- Mecosta County, Michigan ballot measures
- Newaygo County, Michigan ballot measures
- Michigan SoS Public Ballot Search
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |