Revision as of 06:45, 18 December 2010 by Gpallay
Oregon State House District 28
Berg's campaign website lists three main issues:
- Jobs: "First, state government should stop trying to pick winners and losers, and it really needs to stop throwing money at selected businesses as a form of economic development... Second, encourage businesses of all types to relocate from other states with less attractive business environments...we already have many natural advantages, let's supplement these with policies that encourage job growth here... These changes in thinking will produce jobs and long-term, sustainable growth for Oregon if we act now!"
- Education: "Teachers do amazing things like this for our kids every day. We need to make sure we provide them with the resources, flexibility and freedom to continue to make long-lasting impressions. We should ask ourselves how every dollar we spend on education directly benefits the classroom. We should take the targets off our teacher's backs and stop threatening them with budget cuts every year because our state government can't prioritize spending in Salem..."
- Spending: "No reasonable person would question that state government needs to spend money to provide critical services. But, it's also completely reasonable to expect that our Legislators have an obligation to prioritize how that money is spent, and should be held accountable for the results. Accountability begins with each department justifying their current spending levels and demonstrating their benefit to the people in clear, consistent and meaningful language..."
Friends of Bill Berg
16173 SW Burntwood Way
Beaverton, OR 97007
- Official campaign website
- Oregon Votes, State Voter Guide Profile
- League of Women Voters Video Interview
- Official campaign facebook page
- Official campaign twitter page
- Oregon May 18 primary election results
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Live Voter's Guide Profile
- Imagine Election Profile