|U.S. House, California, District 33|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, CA|
Bloomfield's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Rebuilding America’s Economic Engine
- Excerpt: "America must set a goal of being energy independent within 10 years. The only thing worse than Americans having to pay such outrageous sums for gasoline is the fact that Iran, Russia and Venezuela are benefiting, as the windfall oil profits they are reaping are propping up their corrupt regimes and allowing them to finance terrorists (Iran and Venezuela) and threatening the stability of the world (all three)."
- Eliminating $1 Trillion Budget Deficits
- Excerpt: "Our country will be insolvent unless we start reducing our crushing deficits and bring our budget into balance. To rein in its spending, balance the books, and bring down our disgusting deficit, Congress must declare war on waste, fraud and corruption – instead of winking at it or even facilitating it."
- Improve Our Schools
- Excerpt: "We should reform No Child Left Behind. All parties need to come together to establish a fair and transparent accountability system for our public schools. And modifications must be made to things like “adequate yearly progress” to ensure that schools that progress and barely miss the target are not treated the same as schools that are moving in the wrong direction."
- Ensure Medicare and Social Security Remain Solvent
- Excerpt: "As a business owner, I constantly worked to find efficiencies while providing a better product for my customers. Through charities, I’ve given generously to health care programs in impoverished nations and helped prevent disease by investing in sanitation and water systems."
- Fix What’s Wrong with Congress
- Excerpt: "We will need to change Congress by sending people to Capitol Hill who are not vested in the special interests that obstruct reform, but, just as importantly, are willing to do whatever it takes to change the system to allow the solutions to our nation’s problems to be implemented."
Bloomfield ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 33rd District. He and district 30 incumbent Henry Waxman (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Zein Obagi (D), Tim Pape (D), Christopher David (R), Steve Collett (L), David William Steinman (G), and Bruce Margolin (D). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Waxman won.
|U.S. House, California District 33 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Henry Waxman Incumbent||54%||171,860|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
A November 2012 article in Fox News reported that Waxman would face a tight battle from Bloomfield in the general election. Bloomfield spent millions of his own money on the campaign. A former Republican, Bloomfield said gridlock has "paralyzed" Congress. Fernando Guerra, political science professor at Loyola Marymount University, said he expected Waxman to win in a closer race than usual. "There is no doubt that Congressman Waxman is being challenged in this election and that he has to take it seriously."
|U.S. House, California District 33, 2012 - Bill Bloomfield Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,894,271|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$2,663,179|
|Top contributors to Bill Bloomfield's campaign committee|
|Baron Real Estate Group||$30,500|
|Rnc Genter Capital Management||$10,076|
|Hartland Insurance Group||$9,500|
|Wash Multifamily Laundry Systems||$7,750|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$32,950|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bill + Bloomfield + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- Campaign website, Solutions to America's Problems
- California Secretary of State, Official candidate list
- Unofficial election results
- Fox News "Upstart challenger, redistricting have Calif. Rep. Waxman fighting to keep his seat," November 2, 2012
- Open Secrets "Bill Bloomfield 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed March 19, 2013
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 | 2016 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |