|U.S. House, Texas, District 25|
|Birthday||October 5, 1951|
|Place of birth||Fort Worth, TX|
|Religion||Church of Christ|
Burch's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economy & Jobs
- Excerpt: "Bill Burch believes our country is unique in that we have the ability to recover more so than any other country. Now more than ever, Washington needs someone who has the experience and know-how to continue to bring about real economic recovery and promote a business environment which helps create jobs."
- Foreign Policy
- Excerpt: "The United States is the greatest country in the world today and we must protect our freedom by reducing our spending on foreign aid to others who may not use it wisely. By doing so, we immediately place jobs directly back into our economy all throughout the country."
- Excerpt: "The problem of illegal immigration creates substantial burdens on our nation’s economy, healthcare system, law enforcement, and education system. As a diverse state and nation, we welcome a diverse population and exercise the freedom for individuals only to legally and properly become citizens of the United States."
- Religious & Foreign Laws in America
- Excerpt: "Bill Burch will never support Shariah Law, the International Court, or any other law from anti-American sources being legally used in the United States."
- Right to Life
- Excerpt: "As a father of three children and three grandchildren, Bill Burch strongly supports protecting the right to life of our unborn children. Bill proudly wrote and sponsored Texas HB 1109, which would eliminate abortions in Texas by defining life as the splitting of cells."
As of May 9, 2012, Burch raised $123,350 during the 2012 election cycle and spent $109,919, leaving him with $13,431 cash on hand. Of that, 67 percent came from candidate self-financing, while 30 percent came from individual contributions. Three percent came form other funding sources.
Burch and his wife, Jane, have three children.
- Texas' 25th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections in Texas, 2012
- U.S. House elections, 2012
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Official campaign Facebook page
- Official Twitter page
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |