|Illinois House of Representatives District 35|
|January 12, 2011-Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$132/per session day|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois at Chicago, 1990|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Il|
Cunningham is a full-time state legislator. Previously he worked for 20 years in the Cook County sheriff's office, 16 served as community affairs director to Sheriff Michael Sheahan and four as chief of staff for Sheriff Tom Dart; he has also worked as a youth soccer coach. He received his bachelor's degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Cunningham and his wife, Juliana, have two children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cunningham served on the following committees:
- Appropriations-Public Safety
- Cities & Villages
- Judiciary II - Criminal Law
- Transportation: Vehicles & Safety
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Cunningham won election to the 18th District seat in the Illinois State Senate in 2012. He was unopposed in the Democratic Primary on March 20 and defeated Republican Barbara Ruth Bellar in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 18, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Barbara Ruth Bellar||36.3%||34,338|
Cunningham defeated Barbara Ruth Bellar (R) in the state's November 2, 2010 general election. Cunningham replaced Kevin Joyce as candidate for the seat after Joyce decided not to run for re-election.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 35 General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Barbara Ruth Bellar||41.6%||15,450|
In 2010, Cunningham raised $155,124 in contributions. 
His three largest contributors were:
|Illinois Democratic Party||$71,182|
|Citizens For Michael F Sheahan||$5,000|
|Friends Of Dart||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bill + Cunningham + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Cunningham and his wife, Juliana, have two children.
- Illinois House of Representatives - Bill Cunningham
- House Democrats profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Committee picks Cunningham
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- 2010 contributions
|Illinois House of Representatives District 35
| Succeeded by|