For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 85|
|Bachelor's||University of Maryland|
|Master's||St. Mary's Seminary|
|Ph.D.||St. Mary's Seminary|
|Place of birth||Portsmouth, New Hampshire|
Dale earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy, a Masters of Divinity and a Doctorate in Divinity from St. Mary's Seminary. He is a former ordained priest in the Catholic Diocese of Richmond and worked as a financial advisor for UBS Virginia Beach.
- Voting Rights
- Excerpt: "I believe that people should not be required to stand in line for hours or lose a day’s wages to cast their ballot on Election Day. As your Delegate, I will propose legislation allowing for early voting in Virginia to replace the in-person absentee program. This will ensure that all eligible voters have the opportunity to vote without sacrificing a full day of work or braving the cold for hours."
- Excerpt: "I am extremely supportive of both education and educators, and will work as a Delegate to ensure that their needs are met to allow students to flourish in Virginia."
- Excerpt: "The key to creating long-term economic growth in Virginia is to create a long-term, stable funding source for our transportation and infrastructure projects. Businesses will be hesitant to move to Virginia without assurances that the Commonwealth is committed to building the infrastructure needed to move their goods and services quickly and effectively."
- Excerpt: "There are four very distinct communities in Virginia: Hampton Roads, Richmond, Northern Virginia, and western Virginia. We must unite legislators from each of these regions and establish a long-term transportation plan. Each region has its own interests, and each must be willing to compromise to create a long-term, stable plan."
- Women’s Reproductive Healthcare
- Excerpt: "I believe that women’s reproductive healthcare decisions should be left to the woman and her doctor. A group of legislators from Richmond, most of whom are men, should not be imposing their will in such a personal matter. While I am personally pro-life, I do not believe it is the role of the state to criminalize legal abortion procedures established by Roe v. Wade."
Dale ran in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 85. Dale ran unopposed in the June 11th Democratic Primary. He was defeated by Scott W. Taylor (R) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 85 General Election, 2013|
|Republican||Scott W. Taylor||56.3%||11,041|
Incumbent Bob Tata (R), who has held this seat since 1984, is not seeking re-election. After an active Republican primary, the perceived establishment choice did not win the nomination for this district east of Norfolk. Although Governor Bob McDonnell (R) won handily here in 2009 with 64 percent of the vote, President Barack Obama (D) and presidential candidate Mitt Romney (R) tied here in 2012. Political observers speculated that, if Scott W. Taylor (R) were deemed too extreme by a significant portion of the electorate, Dale might win this open seat for the Democrats in November 2013.
In 2013, Dale’s endorsements included the following:
- Virginia Education Association
- Virginia AFL-CIO
- Hampton Roads Realtors Association
- The Sierra Club
Dale and his wife, Paula, live in Virginia Beach, VA.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + Dale + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Democracy for America profile
- Candidate Facebook page
- Candidate Twitter feed
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Virginia Beach Democratic Committee Breakfast page
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "2013 Official Candidates List for House of Delegates by District", Accessed July 11, 2013
- Bill Dale for Deleagte, "Issues," accessed September 18, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- VPAP, "House of Delegates District 85," accessed October 3, 2013
- Daily Kos, "A look at the 2013 Virginia House of Delegates Elections," April 11, 2013
- University of Virginia Center for Politics, Sabato's Crystal Ball, "Republicans Certain to Retain Control of Virginia House of Delegates," August 8, 2013
- Bill Dale for Delegate, "Three endorsements," August 27, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "William Dale - Biography," accessed September 9, 2013
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |