For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Iowa State Senate District 25|
|January 10, 2011-Present|
|January 10, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Minority Leader, Iowa State Senate|
|2013 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Iowa State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Iowa State University, 1985|
|Date of birth||November 28, 1962|
|Place of birth||Waterloo, IA|
Dix earned a his B.S. from Iowa State University in 1985. His professional experience includes working as a farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dix served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Labor and Business Relations|
|• Rules and Administration|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dix served on these committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State Government|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, Dix ran unopposed. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 9 (2010) General Election|
|Bill Dix (R)||13,189||57.9%|
|Bill Heckroth (D)||9,605||42.1%|
|Iowa State Senate, District 9 - Republican Primary (2010)|
On his campaign website, Dix outlines these issues as his main concerns: 
- Iowa taxpayers - Bill Dix believes taxpayers pay enough in taxes and we deserve to see how these dollars are collected and spent by government. An open and transparent government will help all of us to analyze and curb accounting games within the state budget.
- Iowa agriculture - Bill Dix is a lifelong farmer and understands agriculature is the constant driving force to the Iowa economy. We must support our agricultural communities and encourage private investments to expand the markets.
- Iowa business - Bill Dix will work to remove regulations which cripple our businesses. We must also look for the long term approach to bring more jobs to Iowa, not more quick-fix government programs.
- Iowa education - Bill Dix believes we must support effective educators, increase access to educational opportunities, and leave individual school decisions at the local level.
In 2010, Dix raised $325,574 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowans For Tax Relief||$62,500|
|Iowa Republican Party||$11,750|
|Hagemann, Fred W||$11,500|
Dix and his wife, Gerri, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bill + Dix + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa State Senate - Sen. Bill Dix
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Bill Dix on Facebook
Daryl Beall (D)
|Iowa State Senate District 25
| Succeeded by|
|Iowa State Senate District 9
| Succeeded by|
Nancy Boettger (R)