For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Washington, District 6|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
Driscoll served as an infantry officer in the Marine Corps and then volunteered for two tours of duty, one in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. He completed US Army Ranger and Airbourne Schools at Fort Benning and the Marine Corps Winter Warfare School in Bridgeport, California. He holds an MBA from Northwestern University.
Driscoll outlined his campaign platform: "*People, not government, create jobs. We must rebuild our local economy by encouraging small businesses, eliminating unnecessary regulations, and increasing exports.
- The national debt and the federal budget deficit pose a real threat to America’s future. Through inaction we can do more harm to our country than any terrorist or foreign government can.
- The United States needs a more cautious foreign policy that does not casually risk American lives. We must also preserve a strong national defense and honor the promises we’ve made to our veterans.
Driscoll ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Washington's 6th District. He and Derek Kilmer (D) advanced past the August 7, 2012, blanket primary, defeating Jesse L. Young (R), David Eichner (R), Doug Cloud (R), Stephan Andrew Brodhead (R), and Eric G. Arentz Jr. (I). They faced off again in the general election on November 6, 2012. Kilmer won.
|U.S. House, Washington District 6 General Election, 2012|
|Source: Washington Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Washington District 6, 2012 - Bill Driscoll Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,873,136|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,706,202|
|Top contributors to Bill Driscoll's campaign committee|
|Green Diamond Resource Co||$6,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Forestry & Forest Products||$42,235|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bill + Driscoll + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Driscoll is married with two children.
- CNN "Washington Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- Campaign website
- Campaign website
- Washington Secretary of State "Candidate Filings," Accessed May 18, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State "Top 2 Primary: FAQ," Accessed May 17, 2012
- AP Primary Results
- Open Secrets "Bill Driscoll 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed April 10, 2013
- Campaign Website