|Arkansas House of Representatives District 82|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||County Line High School, 1975|
|Bachelor's||Arkansas Tech University, 1979|
|Master's||University of Arkansas|
Gossage earned his bachelor's degree in History and Political Science from Arkansas Tech University in 1979 and his master's degree in Counseling from the University of Arkansas. His professional experience includes working as an educator in various positions for 31 years.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gossage served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Advanced Communications and Information Technology|
|• Joint Advanced Communications and Information Technology|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
|• Aging, Children and Youth, Legislative and Military Affairs|
Gossage's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Second Amendment Rights
- Excerpt: "The right to keep and bear arms is designed to safeguard freedom so that no government can take away from you the rights which God has given you. Our Constitution is a sacred contract with the people that provides a means for us to keep ourselves safe and free."
- Excerpt: "We have had such great healthcare in America because the markets have been successful in providing us with the best healthcare in the world."
- Excerpt: "Taxation in Arkansas controls the size of government because we are required to always have a balanced budget. If tax revenues decrease, so does state government. I support lowering of the income tax rates so that working Arkansans can take more money home to spend or save as they choose."
- Excerpt: "Arkansas has the potential to become a leader in economic growth. Our state has not had the reputation as a business friendly state and that has to change. Our citizens have a great work ethic, we have an improving education system, and we have great natural resources."
- Excerpt: "For those of us in the pro-life movement, the right to life is a foundational issue guaranteed in our Constitution. The concept of inalienable rights was that what God had given man, the government could not take away."
Gossage ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 82. Gossage ran unopposed in the May 22 Republican primary and defeated Leslee Milam Post (D) in the November 6, 2012, general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 82, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Leslee Milam Post||63.5%||6,804|
|Democratic||Bill Gossage Incumbent||36.5%||3,909|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Gossage and his wife, Tonya, have one son and one granddaughter.
Lori Benedict (R)
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 82
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|