|Iowa House of Representatives District 47|
|Iowa State Senate District 9|
|2007 – 2010|
Heckroth earned his B.S. in Financial Management from the University of Iowa.
Heckroth is owner/Financial Consultant for Financial Architects.
Heckroth served on the following committees while in the Senate:
- Commerce Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Economic Growth Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Education Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Rebuild Iowa Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Iowa State Senate
On May 6, 2011, Heckroth announced his candidacy for newly created House District 63 in 2012.  He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012 and was defeated by Sandy Salmon (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Scott Raecker (R) did not seek re-election.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 63, General Election, 2012|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, Heckroth ran unopposed. 
On November 7, 2006, Heckroth was elected to the 9th District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating Tom Hoogestraat (R).  Heckroth raised $354,101 for his campaign, while Hoogestraat raised $257,348. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 9 (2006)|
|Bill Heckroth (D)||11,902|
|Tom Hoogestraat (R)||10,556|
In 2006 Heckroth collected $354,101 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Senate Majority Fund||$243,230|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$16,100|
|Iowa Trial Lawyers Association||$13,500|
|All Children Matter||$8,735|
Heckroth and his wife, Jan, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bill + Heckroth + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Bill+Heckroth+Iowa+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Bill Heckroth News Feed
- Sen. Heckroth's Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Bill Heckroth
- Results for the November 2, 2010 general election, Iowa
- Results for the November 2, 2010 general election, Iowa*Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Bill Heckroth on Facebook
- Des Moines Register, Heckroth seeks Iowa House seat, 6 May 2011
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results"
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 24, 2012
- Iowa State Senate Official General Election Results
- Official Iowa Senate Primary Election Results
- 2006 Iowa Election Results
- 2006 Money Raised, Iowa Candidates
- 2006 Contributions to Bill Heckroth
|Iowa Senate District 9
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |