Difference between revisions of "Bill Ingebrigtsen"
m (→Campaign donors)
|Line 216:||Line 216:|
|office2008=[[Minnesota State Senate
|office2008=[[Minnesota State Senate, ]]
Revision as of 16:35, 21 December 2013
|Minnesota State Senate, District 8|
|2007 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||8|
|Assistant Minority Leader, Minnesota State Senate|
|2013 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Associate's||Alexandria Technical College|
|Date of birth||March 26, 1952|
|Place of birth||Karlstad, Minnesota|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Election history
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Ingebrigtsen earned his associate's degree from Alexandria Technical College and attended the National Sheriffs' Institute of Business Management. Now retired, his professional experience includes working as a sheriff and emergency management director.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ingebrigtsen served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Capital Investment|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ingebrigtsen served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environment and Natural Resources, Chair|
|• Judiciary and Public Safety|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Ingebrigtsen served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Agriculture and Veterans|
|• Environment and Natural Resources|
Ingebrigtsen's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "The 2012–13 budget was a balance of spending restraint and structural government reform, rejecting a 27% autopilot spending increase, and without raising taxes — principles that Senator Ingebrigtsen holds closely."
- Excerpt: "Senator Ingebrigtsen has worked to make sure West-Central Minnesota students get their share of education dollars, and has passed legislation that helps parents and other taxpayers browse reviews of teachers and principals that are based on how well students are learning."
Jobs and Economy
- Excerpt: "In order to return Minnesota’s economy to the right track, we need to make Minnesota a more attractive state to start and grow a business."
- Excerpt: "As a former sheriff, Senator Ingebrigtsen agrees that law abiding people should be able to protect themselves. In his role as a sheriff, Senator Ingebrigtsen issued permits to carry handguns to law abiding citizens."
- Excerpt: "Bill is a pro-life candidate who believes life is defined as conception to natural death."
- See also: Minnesota gubernatorial election, 2014
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Ingebrigtsen won election for the 8th District Senate seat in 2012 after redistricting. He was unopposed in the August 14 primary, and defeated former 10th District Senator Dan Skogen (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 8, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bill Ingebrigtsen Incumbent||52.9%||22,693|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 11 (2010)|
|Bill Ingebrigtsen (R)||20798||64.98%|
|Jim Thoreen (DFL)||11171||34.90%|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2006
|Minnesota State Senate, District 11 (2006)|
|Bill Ingebrigtsen (R)||17,699||51.30%|
|Dallas Sams (DFL)||16,765||48.59%|
Comprehensive donor information for Ingebrigtsen is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Ingebrigtsen raised a total of $203,565 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 21, 2013.
|Bill Ingebrigtsen's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota Senate, District 8||$57,712|
|2010||Minnesota Senate, District 11||$57,244|
|2008||Minnesota Senate, District 11||$20,674|
|2006||Minnesota Senate, District 11||$67,935|
|Grand Total Raised||$203,565|
2012Ingebrigtsen won re-election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Ingebrigtsen raised a total of $57,712.
|Minnesota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bill Ingebrigtsen's campaign in 2012|
|Otter Tail County Republican Party of Minnesota||$1,000|
|Douglas County Republican Party of Minnesota||$800|
|Police Officers Federation of Minneapolis||$500|
|Faegre Baker Daniels State-Reg Pol Fund||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$57,712|
|Source: Follow the Money|
In 2010, Ingebrigtsen received $57,244 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Minnesota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bill Ingebrigtsen's campaign in 2010|
|Grant County Republican Party||$4,000|
|Minnesota Police & Peace Officers Assoc Leg Fund||$500|
|Wogan, Vinton J||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$57,244|
In 2006, Ingebrigtsen collected $67,935 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Douglas County Republican Party of Minnesota||$1,500|
|Marlene Clark House District 11B Committee||$1,000|
|Todd County Republican Party of Minnesota||$1,000|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Ingebrigtsen and his wife, Marilyn, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bill + Ingebrigtsen + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smartgraphical profile
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Minnesota Public Radio votetracker profile
- "billforsenate," Official Campaign Website
- Rick Santorum for President, "SANTORUM ANNOUNCES MINNESOTA LEADERSHIP ENDORSEMENTS," February 6, 2012
- Politics in Minnesota, "GOP Sen. Bill Ingebrigtsen considering a run for governor," July 2, 2013. Retrieved July 3, 2013
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Minnesota Secretary of State - 2006 General Election Results
- Follow the Money, "Ingebrigtsen, William G," accessed December 21, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2006 contributions to Bill Ingebrigtsen
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
Tony Lourey (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|
|Minnesota State Senate District 11
| Succeeded by|
Tony Lourey (DFL)