Bill J. Dukes
|Bill J. Dukes|
|Alabama House of Representatives District 8|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
The former Mayor of the City of Decatur, Dukes has worked as an administrative assistant for the Kentucky Tuberculosis Association, business manager for Northwest Mississippi Junior College, and as a teacher.
Dukes is a member of the Alabama Congress of Parents and Teachers, American Legion, Decatur Boys Club, Decatur Jaycees, Morgan County Fair Advisory Board, and the Salvation Army.
Dukes did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Dukes formerly served on the following committees:
- Commerce Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- County and Municipal Government Committee, Alabama House of Representatives (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Economic Development
- Subcommittee on Government Services (Vice Chair)
Dukes ran for re-election to the 8th District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. Dukes withdrew from the race after the primary.
Dukes raised $47,943 for his campaign.
In 2006, Dukes collected $47,943 in donations.
Below are Dukes's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$5,000|
|Campaign Assistance Fund||$5,000|
|Business Council of Alabama||$2,500|
|AL State Employees Assoc||$2,071|
- Alabama Legislature - Bill J. Dukes
- Project Vote Smart - Bill J. Dukes
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
|Alabama House District 8
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|