Janis currently works as an attorney. Prior to his election to the House, he worked as a lobbyist for the Family Foundation, political director of Cantor for Congress, and legislative aide/campaign manager for Delegate Paul Harris.
- Commerce and Labor
- Courts of Justice
- Militia, Police and Public Safety
- Privileges and Elections
- Subcommittee on Campaign Finance
- Subcommittee on Constitutional (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Criminal Justice
- Subcommittee on Judicial Systems
- HB 1865 Chief judges of district & circuit courts; authority for recalling judges for duty after retirement.
- HB 1868 Driving under influence of alcohol; clarifies punishment for underage drinking.
- HB 2527 Chief Justice of Virginia Supreme Court; shall serve thereas for only two consecutive terms.
The top 5 donors to Janis' 2007 campaign:
- 1. Allen Allen Allen & Allen $7,500
- 2. VA Trial Lawyers Assoc $7,000
- 3. VA Bankers Assoc $4,500 2.90%
- 4. Dominion $3,500
- 5. VA Optometric Assoc $3,500
- Delegate Bill Janis official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Janis
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2007, 2005, 2003, 2001
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Janis
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Follow the Money - 2007 Campaign Contributions
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |