|Virginia House of Delegates District 56|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Janis currently works as an attorney. Prior to his election to the House, he worked as a lobbyist for the Family Foundation, political director of Cantor for Congress, and legislative aide/campaign manager for Delegate Paul Harris.
- Courts of Justice
- Judicial Systems Subcommittee (Chair)
- Privileges and Elections
- Constitutional Amendments Subcommittee (Chair)
- Joint Rules
- Ethics (Special) Subcommittee
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #1
- HB 1865 Chief judges of district & circuit courts; authority for recalling judges for duty after retirement.
- HB 1868 Driving under influence of alcohol; clarifies punishment for underage drinking.
- HB 2527 Chief Justice of Virginia Supreme Court; shall serve thereas for only two consecutive terms.
Janis is running for re-election to the District 56 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Janis was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 56 (2009)|
|Bill Janis (R)||19,989|
|James Towey (D)||8,673|
The top 5 donors to Janis' 2009 campaign:
|Republican Party of Virginia||$21,999|
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$6,280|
|Allen Allen Allen & Allen||$5,000|
|Virginia Assoc of Health Plans||$4,500|
|Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Assoc||$4,073|
- Delegate Bill Janis official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Janis
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 56
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |