|Wisconsin State Assembly District 97|
|2007 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin, Whitewater, 1987|
|J.D.||Duke University School of Law, 1994|
|Place of birth||Waukesha, WI|
Bill Kramer was born and raised in Waukesha. Kramer attended St. Mary's Grade School and Waukesha South High School. While in high school Bill was a member of the National Honor Society, played football, ran track and was on the debate team.
Kramer received his accounting degree from the University of Wisconsin–Whitewater, where he was an active member of Beta Alpha Psi, the honorary accounting fraternity, and graduated magna cum laude with BBA in accounting in 1987. After passing the CPA exam, he worked as an accountant for four years. Bill expanded his knowledge by attending Duke University School of Law. He graduated with his law degree and passed the North Carolina Bar exam in 1994. Bill practiced law for several years in the areas of tax and complex civil litigation.
Kramer is the founder and owner of Kramer Financial Management and also works as a Certified Financial Planner.
Bill served his three terms as a Waukesha County Supervisor representing the south side of Waukesha from 1994 to 2006. When Bill was on the County Board, Kramer has a reputation to fight against excessive taxes..
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kramer served on these committees:
- Assembly Organization Committee
- Financial Institutions Committee, Chair
- Joint Committee on Legislative Council
- Joint Survey Committee on Retirement Systems, Co-Chair
- Rules Committee
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kramer served on these committees:
- Audit Committee
- Criminal Justice Committee
- Financial Institutions Committee
- Judiciary and Ethics Committee
- Audit Committee, Wisconsin State Legislature
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Kramer won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 97. Kramer ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Marga Krumins (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 97, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bill Kramer Incumbent||64.6%||18,399|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Kramer was re-elected to Wisconsin State Assembly District 97. He defeated Democrat Dawn Caruss in the general election on November 2, 2010. He was unopposed in the September 14, 2010 primary election. 
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 97 General Election (2010)|
|Bill Kramer (R)||13,272|
|Dawn Caruss (D)||6,390|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 97 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Bill Kramer (R)||6,208||99.89%|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-171 Global positioning device placed on a person's vehicle without that person's consent or knowledge made a felony; JRCCP report
- AB-196 State agency and school district operations expenditures, contracts, and grants: DOA required to make certain information available on a Web site; DPI duties
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
In 2010, Kramer received $48,556 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bill Kramer's campaign in 2010|
|Rehberg, Phillip J||$750|
|Kolb, Walter L||$550|
|Total Raised in 2010||$48,556|
The top 5 donors to Kramer's 2008 campaign were all individuals:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Bill + Kramer + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Representative Kramer's campaign
- Kramer for Assembly - Official campaign site
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Bill Kramer
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Kramer's Freedom Speaks profile
- Representative Kramer's facebook
- Representative Kramer's LinkedIn
- Kramer for Assembly About
- Kramer for Assembly About
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 97
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |