Bill R. DeSteph, Jr
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 82|
|Bachelor's||University of Maryland|
DeSteph received his B.S. from the University of Maryland. He was a senior vice president and co-owner of AMTI from 1999 to 2006. DeSteph was elected to the Virginia Beach City Council in 2006. He served in the United States Navy during Operation Desert Storm.
DeSteph won in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 82. DeSteph ran unopposed in the June 11 Republican primary. He defeated Bill Fleming (D) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
This Virginia Beach-area open seat rests on a Republican-heavy district held by the retiring Bob Purkey (R), but Democratic candidate Bill Fleming, a physicist and a small business investor, was selected by Democracy for America as a good investment. Both candidates started the campaign as new to state legislative races, but Republican candidate DeSteph was elected to the Virginia Beach City Council in 2006. This seat, though on the radar of possible switches and in a part of the state that is becoming increasingly favorable to Democrats, was likely to stay in Republican hands during the 2013 election cycle.
DeSteph has two children and currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + DeSteph + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "2013 Primary Candidates", Accessed April 8, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results - General Election," accessed November 5, 2013
- VPAP, "House of Delegates District 75," accessed October 3, 2013
- Daily Kos, "A look at the 2013 Virginia House of Delegates Elections," April 11, 2013
- Democracy for America, "Bill Fleming for VA House of Delegates," accessed October 3, 2013