|U.S. House of Representatives, |
Pennsylvania, 9th District
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||May 15, 2001|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Master's||American University, 1987|
|Birthday||January 10, 1961|
|Place of birth||McKeesport, Pennsylvania|
- 1983: Graduated from Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pa.
- 1987: Graduated from American University, Washington, D.C.
- 2001-Present: U.S Representative from Pennsylvania
- Armed Services
- Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces
- Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment
- Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
- Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
Percentage voting with party
Bill Shuster voted with the Republican Party 94.1% of the time, which ranked 64 among the 242 House Republican members as of December 2011.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania Congressional District 9 Election, 2010|
|Republican||Bill Shuster Incumbent||73.1%||141,904|
Shuster won re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010. During that re-election cycle, Shuster's campaign committee raised a total of $852,099 and spent $805,206.
His top 5 contributors between 2009-2010 were:
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania Congressional District 9 Election, 2010 - Bill Shuster Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$0|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$0|
|Top contributors to Bill Shuster's campaign committee|
|New Enterprise Stone & Lime||$21,300|
|Union Pacific Corp||$11,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Materials & Equipment||$48,400|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Bill + Shuster + Pennsylvania + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
Bill Shuster is married to Rebecca. They have 2 children.
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Congressman Bill Shuster, Proudly Serving the 9th District of Pennsylvania "Committee Assignments"
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Bill Shuster 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 16, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Pennsylvania District 9
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |